Here is some useful information that we would like you to know to help plan your trip better.
Pangot is a beautiful haven in the Kumaon Himalayas and is an eco village. To ensure the best experiences here at Pangot we suggest you go through the following points.
- Pangot is a hill station surrounded by Himalayan peaks, which are lush green in summers and are covered in snow during winters. The views are majestic as far as the eye can see.
- The weather in summers is very pleasant with light and cool breeze, the sounds of nature and a relaxing atmosphere. In winters Pangot is covered in snow and looks like heaven on Earth, a paradise.
- Pangot is a haven for Bird watchers as it is home to a plethora of exotic bird species like Koklass Pheasant, Red-billed Blue Magpie, Greater Yellownape, Black-throated Sunbird, etc.
- The sunset in Pangot is extraordinary. The sky turns a hue of pink and purple, the clouds have a silver lining, the sun shyly sets and makes way for dusk. It's something to be experienced first hand.
- Nature acts as the perfect backdrop with the oak forests that are complemented with pine trees, sprawling across the landscape of Pangot.
- Pangot is known for its warm hospitality so you can share a cup of tea with a local family and get a peek into the local way of life.
- Pangot is surrounded by offbeat paths and you can easily set off and walk in the oak forests, take in the nature, listen to the birds chirp, leaves rustle and have a picnic by a stream.
- Pangot is an eco village and focuses on being sustainable and emitting zero waste.
- Pangot is an eco village and focuses on being sustainable and emitting zero waste
Lastly may we suggest you bring a small notebook along and make an entry everyday, maybe add a sketch or two of the view and check out the stars in the middle of the night - they are incredible!